Principal's Message - December 2018
- Congratulations to all of our students that have been involved in our extra-curricular programs since the start of the school year. Our athletic teams once again have been representing our school in great form and spirit.
- The volleyball season is now over and we are starting to prepare for our basketball season. Best of luck to our basketball teams this year.
- Our Wildcat Football team had a very successful year going undefeated, winning the League Championship and qualifying to play for the Northern Alberta Tier IV Championships but unfortunately they lost 20-10 to the St. Paul Lions.
- Exam time is fast approaching and a copy of the exam schedule will be available on line very soon, please check our school website regularly for the exam schedule. The days that exams will be scheduled for high school Non-Diploma courses will be January 24th – 29th, 2019.
- If, there are any conflicts for students, a makeup day for writing missed exams will be on Wednesday January 30th, 2019. The last day of regular classes for all high school students (grade 10-12) will be on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019.
- All Jr. High students will have regularly scheduled classes during the Sr. High exam period.
- Parents of grade 9 students, please pay particular attention to the Grade Nine PAT Exam times on the exam schedule.
- Science 9 and K & E Science 9 will be on Monday January 28th from 12:15 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.,
- Social Studies 9 and K & E Social Studies 9 will be on Tuesday January 29th from 12:15 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.
- All grade 9 PAT Exams will be in the Bi-Flex and Tri-Flex room in the Junior High.
- Report cards for all students will be handed out on Friday February 1st during their TA classes.
- Our school and Clearview Public School’s messaging system, SchoolMessenger, is being used for broadcasting purposes as well as daily attendance calls. These broadcasts, or messages will be sent out at various times throughout the year when we feel there is important information or reminders that need to get to the home from our school or school division. Messages coming from the school are not always about absences and therefore we would ask you to please make sure that you are listening to them. School messages are also sent out via our schools’ website, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- November 30th was the deadline for all 10-12 Student Learning Conferences (SLC) being wrapped up. Please contact your child’s Teacher Advisor if you have not been contacted to do an SLC.
- December 7th, the school will be closed for a Professional Day.
- Finally, I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. I hope that everyone has a very restful and enjoyable holiday season. The last day of classes is Friday December 21st and Christmas break will be from December 22nd to January 6th, 2019. See you back in school on Monday January 7th, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any aspects of our school or your child’s education please feel free to call or e-mail me at email@example.com.