Principal's Message - Nov 2019
· Our athletic teams are off to a great start and some teams have already finished competing for this school year.
· Shay Anderson qualified for golf provincials and represented our school well. Shay competed at the Alberta Springs Golf Resort and Innisfail Golf Club.
· Our High school cross-country team had a very busy season. Avery Olafson, Rayell Haustein and Emma McMullen participated in Cross Country Provincials at Echo Dale Regional Park in Lethbridge and represented our school very well.
· The Junior High Cross Country season wrapped up with another strong showing at CWAJHAA. During this event we had many runners finish in the top 10. Congratulations to all runners. Listed are Wm. E. Hay Top 10 Finishers: Grade 9 - Kate Bradford – First, Ashley Lang - Fifth, Hannah Winter – Seventh, Charlee Resch – Tenth, Grade 8 - Stefan Oprea – Second, Chase Anderson - Fifth
· Our junior high and senior high volleyball teams are still competing in regular season play.
· The high school football team finished the regular season with a record of 5-1 and placed second in their conference heading into the playoffs. They will be playing their first playoff game at home on October 25th.
· Our bantam football will also be starting their playoff run and we also want to wish them the best of luck as well. They had a prefect season going undefeated.
· Our high school and junior high rodeo students were also successful early in the school year and will look at continuing with their success when their season starts up again in the spring.
· Our Archery Club has started and are practicing on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 -8:30 P.M. and on Fridays after school, please see Mrs. Heatherington if you have any questions.
· Thank you to all of our student athletes, staff and coaches for being such great competitors and ambassadors for our school, town and community. Wm. E. Hay Stettler Secondary Campus is very proud to have you representing our school in the spirit, good will and sportsmanship that you demonstrate consistently every time you compete.
· On behalf of our school I would like to thank the following community volunteers for their time working with our young athletes as coaches, trainers and managers: Guy Mohn, Sheri Morbeck, Shaunna Elines, Meagan Morton, Kevin Burkard, Nick Schmidt, C.J. Oprea, Nadine Lang, Leila Ternes, Erin Eggleston, Erin Prehn, Judith Klapak, Trevor Nichols, Kelsey McNeil, Guy Neitz, Brian Matchett, Andrew Austin, Grant McQuay, Curtis McCord, Grant Mailer, Sean Zitaruk, Tracy Matchett, Jeri-Ann Georget, Kayla Myshaniuk, Katie Bainbridge, Jodi McCord, Tanja Heatherington, Jessa Heatherington, Randy Barclay and Janine Glasier.
· Once again this year we moved up the scheduling of our parent-teacher interviews to Tuesday November 5th from 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. in the High School Gymnasium, which is prior to the release of the first report card. This was done to provide more time in the semester after interviews for students to improve their achievement if necessary. I would like to remind parents that student progress could be monitored on our PowerSchool Parent portal at any time. Please contact the school if you did not receive the PowerSchool Parent Portal information letter that was sent home on Monday October 21st, or need assistance with logging in.
· Early intervention letters were sent out on October 17th to inform parents of learning issues and invite them to attend the November 5th interviews.
· Please remember that there will be no school on November 7th, due to our Professional Day and on November 8th there will also be no school.
· Our Remembrance Day ceremony for the Stettler School Community will be held on Wednesday November 6th starting at 10:40 A.M. at the Wm. E. Hay Stettler Secondary Campus high school gymnasium. Parents are more than welcome to attend if you wish.
· Our school’s website is a great place to go to find out about everything that is going on at our school, http://wmehay.clearview.ab.ca/ there is a link at the bottom of our homepage, “Subscribe for Updates” that you can click on to sign up for our monthly electronic newsletters. We have a Facebook page, “Wm. E. Hay Stettler Secondary Campus”@wmehay, where you can go to follow us; we have a Twitter account, @WmEHay if you are a Tweeter. We also have an automated School Division wide notification system called SchoolMessenger that we use to send phone and e-mail messages out to our parents. SchoolMessenger works with the primary phone number and e-mail address that is tied to our Student Information System (PowerSchool). Please call our school at anytime (403) 742-3466 to be sure that we have your correct e-mail address and phone number in our PowerSchool Student Information System.
· The last thing that I would like to mention is, we had our first Grad 2020 Parent meeting on September 26th and it was well attended by parents. All of the Chairpersons for the Grad 2020 Committees have been selected. There are many volunteer positions that need to be filled in order for our 2020 Graduation Ceremony to run smoothly. If you are interested in being on one of many Graduation Committees please let Mrs. Lotoski know by sending her an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· As always, if you have any questions or concerns about our school or your child’s educational program, please do not hesitate to call me at the school.
Wm. E. Hay Stettler Secondary Campus & Stettler Outreach School